So I went to my meeting today not knowing what to expect. I wasn't great this week, but I wasn't horrible. I went out to eat at Old Chicago and had a salad, but also had a brownie. I also had two drinks on Saturday night and had some tater tots at the restaurant we ate it (they were AWESOME btw).
So I get on the scale and I am down 1lb. Still not at my 20 lbs lost mark. I was disappointed for like 2.3 seconds. And then I realized that I am not completely giving up everything I love but I am still losing weight slowly but surely. I don't think I can be that person that gives up every single thing I love to eat. I don't want to live like that. If that means I am never going to fit in a size 4 pants, then so be it. I work out 4-5 times a week, I eat pretty healthy and I am sick of beating myself up over not being perfect.
I have never said how much I weigh on this blog b/c I just cant bring myself to do that...but I will say I am 5.8 lbs from being under a pretty big number. I mean I know people can figure out what that is, but the fact that I am not typing it makes me feel better :). I do not remember the last time I saw that number. As a kid I never weighed myself or if I did I blocked it out of my memory b/c I hated how I looked for so many years. But when I get under that big number I will be thrilled. And ya know what? As long as I stay under that number for the rest of my life I think I will be happy (unless I am pregnant I guess).
I might bitch about not being able to lose weight faster, but dammit at least M trying. I'm sick of feeling bad about myself and not loving myself. I think I have slowly gotten to the point where I like myself 80% of the time, and for me, that is really good.
I hope everyone can love themselves, but if you cant love all of yourself then at least find things about yourself that you do love.
I decided I should make a list of things that I like or love today. And even if I dont write it on my blog daily, I am going to try and do this on a daily basis. Some things that I love today are that 1)all my pants are too big (but I am too cheap to buy new ones yet), 2)that my hair looks super cute today even though I didnt wash it ;), 3)I have gone to the gym 4x a week since the beginning of January even when I REALLY didn't want to 4)my husband told me last night that he loves my curves (even though I have a hard time loving them, when he tells me that I do love them a little bit :)) 5)I lost another lb at WW this week!
So yeah...I hope everyone can take the time to appreciate little things about themselves even when they cant love everything!
Have a great week!
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
You are doing an awesome job! So much better than I am by the way!
You have a great attitude! Keep it up!
Great idea to make a list of things you like/love daily! I told myself months ago I was going to start a gratitude journal and you've just inspired me to finally start it! Keep it up, you're doing fantastic!
I think you are doing awesome! When I was trying to lose weight, there were lots of times I was completely devastated because I thought I wasn't losing fast enough. But, my husband says that the slower it comes off, the longer it stays off. I believe he's right!
P.S. Do you watch Biggest Loser? Last night the girl that went home gained a pound at the weigh in! She gained a pound, and she's at the freakin' Biggest Loser ranch! So, you definitely shouldn't beat yourself up over only losing one pound all on your own!!
Slow and steady wins the race, girl!!! And you're right, it has nothing to do with the size you wear. So ignore that number!
(Thanks for stopping by my blog. Always great to meet another Loser lover!)
Baby steps girlfriend, baby steps! That's what I keep telling myself!
Great blog, new follower!
xo
Blair
Slow & steady is the best way!!!
and kudos to you for having such a good mindset on it - I'm like you in that I'd rather carry around some extra fluff & eat a brownie every once & a while, or some amazing tots rather than nibbling like a rabbit for the next 60 years.
(p.s. and until pregnancy, I also had that "glass ceiling" weight number that I wouldn't go over...when I started creeping up towards it, I knew it was time to back off!)
Post a Comment