We took her to daycare (thankfully) last week. It made coming into work yesterday about 100 times easier. Last Tuesday when we took her to daycare for the first time I was a mess. I cried before we even left the house. I did hold it together long enough to make it out of the building before crying in the car after we left her with the daycare worker. It was rough. But I survived, and she has been happy everyday when I pick her up. That smile just kills me every time she breaks it out! :)
So the last 12 weeks have been the longest, shortest, most frustrating and rewarding 12 weeks of my life. She is a handful at times, and at other times the easiest baby.
The last two nights have actually been especially frustrating. I get Lizzy all ready for bed and prepare to feed her and she starts screaming bloody murder and Will Not Stop. It is so hard to hear. She usually is screaming so hard she starts to choke a little. I dont like it. The first night we ended up giving her a bottle, last night I got her to calm down with a Nuk and then she neded up eating like normal. I don't know if it is just a phase or what. (any ideas are welcome!)
Another thing...at daycare they are feeding her every 3-4 hours but at home she eats every 2.5-3 hours (and has been for most of her life) so I don't know what that is about. I asked them (just today) to feed her at least every 3 hours. I don't know if she gets overly hungry or what. I feel really needy asking them this, but I know how often she has been eating so its ok that I asked that, right?
I don't like sending her to daycare, but I know in the long run it will be fine, and even good for her. I just don't want to see someone else taking care of her for 9 hours a day. It kind of sucks.
So I just keep looking at all the cute pictures I have at my desk to get me through the day :)
I was taking her temperature...hence the thermometer in her pit :)


5 comments:
AHHH! She is sooo cute!! I've heard that leaving kids at daycare is so hard at first. Hugs to you. And I'm pretty sure you can tell/ask them to do whatever you think is right for your baby!
I think it's completely fine that you asked them to feed her every 3 hours. It's interesting that they're feeding her in longer intervals than what you do. We kind of have the opposite problem in that at home my LO will go 3.5 and sometimes 4 hours between meals, but they say she'll only go 3. I know in the handbook from our daycare it says they have to go by the baby's needs, not a schedule, so maybe your baby's teachers just don't think she seems hungry enough after 3 hours? I'm sure they wouldn't let her cry from hunger for too long, especially if they have other babies to tend to! I completely relate to your struggle to send your sweetie to daycare, but she really will be fine and will even make friends!
Going back to work is SO hard! Thinking of you!
Awww, Mama...I can't imagine what a tough time you're going through right now :( I hope it starts to get easier at some point.
PS: She is just so dang pretty!
She is so super cute!
We experienced the same thing with DD, she would have a complete meltdown and scream and cry anytime between 5:30-7pm. We think that daycare was making her a lot more tired (So much new stuff to see and do during the day.) So, we started giving her a quick catnap when she got home, then we'd get her up to play/feed/bathe then we'd put her back down for the night. This really seemed to help reduce the number of meltdowns she was having in the evening after coming home from daycare.
Also, when she first started going to daycare, i told everyone she would eat 2.5-3 hours. there were days when they wouldn't feed her until 3-4 hours. It scared me at first, but then i realized that she was probably outgrowing her 2.5 hour feeding schedule. And she wasn't showing signs of being hungry (fussy, crying), if she was I'm sure they would feed her (because it's much easier to feed her then deal with a fussy baby). It was nice when she did stretch it out to three hours too, more of a break inbetween feedings. I read somewhere that they should eat 20-32oz. a day...so we increased the amount we were feeding her since she was eating less times throughout the day and then she could go longer stretches. (that also helped her reflux) But you know your baby best, and if she seems extra hungry, then it is totally ok to tell them to feed her at least every 3 hours!
Sorry for the long comment, i felt the need to share because i was in the same EXACT situation a couple months ago and it does get a little easier, and things start to work themselves out.
Good luck!
Post a Comment