So last I blogged Lizzy was about to get tubes. The surgery went well! We had it done at Children’s (in Minneapolis) and we got there, checked in, and were back in the room in no time. They did all the pre-surgery stuff and they were running ahead of schedule so they took her back at about 1015 (surgery was scheduled for 1030) and she was back to us by 1030. They told us it would go quickly, but I never imagined it would go THAT quickly. She was out of it, but awake when she came back in the room so I held her and she cried for about 15 minutes, and then passed out :) When she woke up, she seemed just fine! We went home and spent the rest of the afternoon doing our normal stuff, and she was just fine!
She was on antibiotics for an ear infection at the time of the surgery so we finished those and 5 days later she had another infection. But at least it just drains, and we can give her ear drops for them now. It makes it so much easier. Today is the last day of the ear drops so we will see how long she can go before the next infection.
So in other news….my child NEVER stops moving. I feel like since she started crawling it has been a constant stream of new things going on with her. She started crawling on Christmas (she was 9 months). Around the middle of January she started pulling herself up in her crib and also on the furniture. That led to her crusing along the furniture and then right after she turned 10 months, she started walking. Its crazy! And now I feel like she is running everywhere. Its exhausting but soooo much fun! I love that kid. She likes to walk with her hands out, or covering her eyes :) Peek-a-boo is fun, but not so much when you are walking!
Eating is an interesting experience with her. She was doing ok with eating “real” food, but lately she is boycotting. So she is eating purees fine, but I wish she ate more regular food. Any suggestions on how to get her to eat more regular food? I’ll just keep trying, but its frustrating!
Shes super chatty, but doesn’t really have words. She says dada all the time, mama occasionally and a lot of different noises in between. She is so expressive though, it’s a hoot. She also is VERY dramatic. You take something away and she screams! I am not going to lie, I usually laugh at her. Typical girl with the drama :)
Here are some pictures of my cutie! I seriously cannot believe she will be one in less than a month. It makes me start to hyperventilate thinking about it!
Blurry, but oh, so cute :)
I was in my pajamas in this picture, but its still cute :)
This is sideways, but this was our 10 months picture. The fact that she is laying down and not abusing the bear is shocking!
She likes to walk with her bear....He is as tall as she is. She's rather "petite" (aka short!)
She loves the park! And she is already an expert at the monkey bars!
Seriously? This picture just kills me...
She LOVES being outside. And if she can't be outside, she will look out the window. And sitting in the cat bed is just a bonus.
I was attempting a self portrait of the two of us. She thought it was a hoot and wanted to grab the camera!
Walking is so.much.fun.
This picture is on my desktop at work. It makes me smile every time I look at it.
This picture is pretty representative of her demeanor all the time. How we got so lucky, I have no clue. I am worried if/when we have another kiddo it will not be nearly as happy-go-lucky as she is :)















No comments:
Post a Comment