So we went to Chicago over Labor Day weekend, it was a blast! We left early Friday morning (flew Southwest, loved it) and got into Chicago around 830. Our friend Jenni picked us up from the airport with her (adorable) son Parker. I sat in the back seat with him and watched Blues Clues and chatted, even though I didn't understand him ;) We went to breakfast at Yolk (AWESOME!) and then headed over to the Lincoln Zoo. From the zoo we saw the city surrounded in fog, it was a pretty sweet view:

Here is one of the big cats, I took a TON of pictures but I wont bore you with all of them! :)

Cute picture that Jenni took of us, my cousin said this should be our Christmas card. It is pretty cute ;)

Here is Jenni and Parker. Aren't they cute?

After the zoo we walked around until we found some food. We ended up eating at the cafe in the Chicago History Museum, but didn't actually go into the museum. Oh well. Maybe next time. Then we went to our hotel to check in. We had seen pictures online and knew that it was going to be bright, but in person it was VERY bright! It has an "island" feel to it. Everything was bright blue with neon green curtains. It was super cute and cozy though. I would TOTALLY stay there again if we could hotwire it again and get it for 1/2 the price! Here is the room...

And the wallpaper behind the bed had blueberries on it! I didn't even notice this until the hubs pointed it out to me! Ha!!

Friday evening we went to the Willis (formerly Sears) Tower. They have a Skydeck that has an awesome view of the city. They also have these glass boxes that jut out of the building and you can stand 103 stories above the street below. I thought I would be fine going out into these but when we actually got up there I was scared sh*tless. I had to back my way into it and then hang on to the edge. I am such a wimp in my old age ;)
This is the view of the lake with the moon..

This is looking straight down from the skyboxes...I think I was standing outside of the box just hanging the camera over ;)

Hubs and I in the glass box. We were both scared!

Saturday we spent the day at the Museum of Science and Industry. I didn't really want to go, but I am glad we did. It was really fun and interesting. We also saw the Harry Potter Exhibit. It was cool to see the outfits and such that were worn during filming but I am not sure it was worth the extra 15 bucks. Oh well! It was still pretty cool. They also had a re-creation of the great hall or whatever it is called where they eat dinner in the books/movies. We couldn't take any pictures while inside though, so i settled for this...

This is Hubs in front of the re-creation of the city inside the museum.

Saturday evening we went to Navy Pier to see a Cirque de Soleil type show called Bright Spirit. They did some crazy acrobatics. It was really good!

There are three girls all piled on top of one another juggling volleyballs. It was crazy.

We came out of the theatre to this! It was soooo pretty!!


Sunday we decided to just wander around and see Millennium Park and whatever else we came across. This was in the Millennium Park ampitheatre...I thought it was a pretty good self-portrait :)

Then of course we had to go and see the bean. We are in this picture somewhere, I just couldn't tell you where.

Here it is from a distance...

Then we went over to Grant Park. There was a Jazz Festival going on but we got bored fast so we went over to the fountain. It reminds me of Married with Children:)
Husband...

Me...

Then we walked up Michigan Ave, did some window shopping and of course stopped at Ghiradelli to get a sundae. We had actually gotten 2 coupons for a dollar off so we saved a little money, but even without the coupon I would've wanted one :) They are so good!! Yumm.

So yeah, that was our weekend trip. I take WAY too many pictures, I did find that out. I think I took like 250 pictures in three days. Oops. Don gets annoyed, but whatever.
I am soo glad it is Friday! We are cleaning the garage out this weekend. Sounds exhilarating doesn't it? Or not..
I hope everyone has a great weekend!


4 comments:
What a fun trip! I love Chicago...and now I want to go back very soon!
That is crap that you couldn't take a picture inside the Harry Potter exhibit.
Your trip sounded fun! Lee's aunt and uncle live in Chicago and recently gave us an open invitation to visit whenever we want, so we definitely need to get on that!
Looks like a fun weekend! What was the name of the Hotel you stayed at?
The hotel was Hotel Indigo on the Gold Coast. It was really cute, and the people that worked there were very nice!
Ashley, you should definitely go! Have you been there before?
Post a Comment