Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Still no baby...

It's Wednesday. My due date was this past Monday. Still no baby.
This brings me to people asking stupid questions....
Why do people think it is necessary, or their business, to ask me some really personal questions?!?!?!!
Am I dialated? Why yes, I am, only to about a 1-1.5, but yes I am. Would you like to check me to see if I am anymore dialated??
Did you have sex yet to see if that gets labor going??? Why yes, I am having sex with my husband, do you want me to text you when we do it next and let you know if that initiates labor?
Have you walked? Have you scrubbed the floor? Have you chopped some wood (someone put this on my Facebook status today...)??
I don't mind when friends ask me things, or if they give me advice. I know they mean well and want this baby out as bad as we do. But its when random people, usually coworkers, ask me these things that it really gets to me.
Grr.....
Sorry to vent, but I have to be nice to the randoms that give me advice. I don't want to be a b*tch :)
And to my real life friends, I am not talking about you in this post. Promise :)
Hopefully this kid comes out soon...but if not, I will be induced next Monday night. Let's hope it doesn't come to that!!

4 comments:

Leah said...

I was just thinking of you this morning! Oh, I hope you go into labor soon. :) And yes, the personal questions are hilarious! Like you, I didn't mind the questions from friends and family, but randoms at work would ask me questions and it was a little uncomfortable!

Unknown said...

I wish I could say that it goes away after the baby, but unfortunately random people will also want to give you advice on how to raise your own kid. I remember one old lady standing in the checkout line with me at BB&B who gave me a disgusted look & told me my son was too big to be carried when he fell asleep in the store. Well, lady, he was only 8 months at the time & what the double L do you want me to do? Make the sleeping kid sleep in the shopping cart seat while his head hit the handle bars? If I want to carry my kid, then let me carry my own kid. I'm not doing you any harm.

Yankee Girl said...

I feel like the nosey, random questions will be happening for the rest of our lives. People just do not know when to shut up!

Hopefully the baby comes soon!

Kelsey712 said...

dude, I agree and am so freaking ready to go into labor... and I'm not even to my due date yet!

I'll be thinking about you and hoping good thoughts for you!