Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, October 8, 2010

Random Hodge-Podge

So my mind is not functioning properly lately...too much going on with school and being exhausted the majority of the time (thanks baby :)). Oh well, there is an end in sight to school and after that I can relax and get ready for the babe.
Here is all the random things I've got rattling around in my brain (pretend to be entertained... ;)):

1. Last week, I told my group in my marketing class I was pregnant and immediately I felt stupid b/c about 3 seconds after I did one of the women said she had to go give herself a shot...I kind of figured that it meant she was going through some sort of treatment for infertility..and she got REALLY quiet the rest of the night. I know its stupid to assume, I just had a feeling. Well...turns out I was right. Last night in class she was telling me that she had an IUI last Friday and she will find out next week if it worked or not. I felt SO bad that I just blurted it out. I know plenty of people who have had issues getting and/or staying pregnant and I really try and be careful about how I tell people. I don't want to be insensitive. I hope she doesn't think I am an idiot.

2. Why is baby furniture so freaking expensive? And not only that but how can a dresser be more money than the crib? I don't get it. We did find some we really like though, so that is good! Hopefully a big sale will come up and we can go get it then. (We found it at USA Baby)

3. I don't really feel the need to do the whole coming out on Facebook about the baby. I dont want to offend anyone who has done this...but I am not one to be the center of attention and it makes me feel kind of self centered to do it. One of my friends says I should REALLY do it though...I don't need 385 mostly random people to know (yes, I looked up how many friends I have)...If you already know then you are important enough for us to have called, emailed, or told in person.

4. Someone needs to come out with clothes that fit in this awkward stage of pregnancy.

5. I think some people on Facebook only know how to complain. It is so annoying. Example: A girl from high school, who I am 3 seconds from de-friending b/c all she does is complain about her job and her life. Now she started school this week and is already complaining about homework and working full-time (at Taco Bell...can't be that stressful). Buck up! Ive been doing it for almost 2 years, you will survive.

6. I'm excited for this weekend. We have no plans tonight and the only plans we have tomorrow night are to babysit my nephew while his parents go out to celebrate their anniversary. I love that little guy :)

7. And last...why now, that I am knocked up, do I desperately want a plain margarita?!? I've never liked plain margaritas, but they sound so amazing right now! Oh, and I looked at a beer last week and thought that looked good too. And if you know me at all, you would know that I hate beer usually.

8. I had to add this one after I posted...But I desperately want to see Secretariat too! :)

Ok. Sorry this is random and weird...but it's the best I could come up with :)
Have a great weekend :)

1 comment:

Kelsey712 said...

Haha!!! I think I could have written this same post! A couple things, we haven't dome the nursery shopping thing yet, at this point I'm to much of a chicken. I did the whole tell facebook thing just because it was a good way for people who dot live in the same town as me to find out. It's nice to be able to spread the word without having to talk to everybody. Amen on the clothes thing. Everyday after work I have been in yoga pants! Have you tried the band things you wear over your regular jeans? I have to wear jeans tonight and will probably end up wearing one. Lastly, I would Kill for a glass of wine, mixed drink, or margarita. It makes me pouty! Oh well, I hope this message is legible and makes sense. Gotta love my iPhone keyboard. Take care, I'm glad you're doing well!