Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, March 7, 2011

35/35

Today marks week 35 with 35 days left until my due date. I am probably going to regret these words, but I hope that I go past my due date. I would love to have this little peanut around the 15th. And if you must know my reasoning (right now anyway) is because I would then be off work until around July 11th instead of the 5th. Going back to work right after the 4th of July for a short 3 day work week seems ridiculous to me! But if it happens that I go back earlier, then I will deal with it. I can't control when this little person is going to come...so I will adjust :)

Maternity clothes:
Of course. Its a good thing they make pants w/ elastic waistbands. I feel like I am growing by the second these days!
Sleep:
Eeh. I slept on the air mattress last night b/c all I could concentrate on was the fact that I could hear Don breathing and it was annoying the crap out of me. And b/c he was doing nothing wrong (he DOES need to breathe!) I went to the baby's room.

 Movement:
Yeah but s/he likes to scare me sometimes and be really quiet for a while and then the minute I start to worry s/he starts to beat me up from the inside out.

Food cravings: 
Not a whole lot. I'm still on a grape kick though.

Food aversions:
Not much...

Gender: 
 Most people at both of our showers said girl, but Pat (my MIL) said boy. Everyone has their guesses :)

What I'm looking forward to:
Relaxing for the next few weeks....except I am a worry wart and I don't know if that will happen. Last night I had a little meltdown worrying I would be a horrible mother and screw this kid up for life. It's a good thing I have an understanding and caring husband who told me I was being (quote) "ridiculous" :) 
I'm sure everything will be fine, but I can't help but wonder...does everyone feel that way at some point before they give birth??

What I miss:
Sleeping on my back.

Milestones:
Our baby showers our done. It was so much fun to celebrate this little person w/ all of our friends and family. We got some of the big stuff which is nice, and a ton of other awesome stuff. We have most of it washed and/or put away. We also have the stroller assembled and ready to go. We need to get the car seat put in and inspected and then we will be good to go. 
My next step is packing a bag for the hospital. Any suggestions on what I should put in it???? :)

1 comment:

Leah said...

Only 35 days until your due date! That's coming up so quickly!!! Hope you enjoy these last few weeks. :)